PDA

View Full Version : new area Wonderpond

Sun
09-08-2014, 21:49
I have a idea about new area Wonderpond (or Wonderlake). If you find this idea ridiculous please keep in mind 2 statements. First is that I did a "digital research" among friends and they like my idea therefore I decided to write it. Second is that it can be special area available only in April, area for Day of laughter.
I'm high-level player from BFG server and my inventory bag is very heavy with all hairstyles I got as daily quest reward. As I know it is less wanted daily reward. With this new area it will be most wanted reward ever!
I dream about new area with a pond or a lake edged canes with some floating logs. Players will use "simple table" from decorations as a personal raft (another heavy object in my bag I have no possibility to use it). And most important part is a concept that new fish species living in this area will eat wigs. For example, hairy-tail fish, sleepy wig, shaggy catfish :) Perhaps it can be special button in looks section named "convert to bait". Also one fish can bite on hats and other will be happy to eat shoes.
As far this area is wonder some things can be inside out. Common rules are not applied for this wonderpond. I think that a green radar must be most useful in this area and shows better places than a white or blue radar.
And these new species should be hairy-looking as it mentioned in a fish name. I can create some sketches if you like my idea ;) I must say that I really love design of this game.

TinaJessie
10-08-2014, 00:55
I second this motion and would love a way to get rid of hats, wigs and unused shoes. Love the idea Sunny.

admin
10-08-2014, 12:47
Nice idea, we'll come up with something like this soon!

kaykaykay
10-08-2014, 22:30
What a great idea Sun!
Especially as we used to trade more before the trading rules changed, so these items could be 'got rid of' as exchange for something such as bait. Now trading is less popular, we do get stuck with all sorts of hats, hairstyles and shoes, and don't know what to do with them.
Kay

Sun
11-08-2014, 11:43
I want to add more details :)

We need NPC for this location. Will be funny to meet some characters on water so I would like to suggest a mermaid, a triton and a raftsman who can guides players. He can show how to manage a "simple table" raft to avoid problems some players have in seagull harbor with boat.

Button "convert to bait" can generate 10-20 "hairy bait" from wig. Perhaps there is a hairy fish-monster who bites a whole wig also.

And more about new species. It will be nice to catch fish with mohawk-fin. And for sure we need bearded fishes!

JackBank
11-08-2014, 13:12
I want to add more details :)

We need NPC for this location. Will be funny to meet some characters on water so I would like to suggest a mermaid, a triton and a raftsman who can guides players. He can show how to manage a "simple table" raft to avoid problems some players have in seagull harbor with boat.

Button "convert to bait" can generate 10-20 "hairy bait" from wig. Perhaps there is a hairy fish-monster who bites a whole wig also.

And more about new species. It will be nice to catch fish with mohawk-fin. And for sure we need bearded fishes!

Fun Idea sun, but I think we need to stick to existing fishes, realistic baits and NPC

kaykaykay
11-08-2014, 20:13
Here are some ideas for the problem with the wigs etc

- a Goonch also known as giant devil catfish eats flesh so why not wigs as they are part of the body

-swordfish, could they somehow harpoon wigs etc with their sharp bill

- some fish use seaweed as nesting material so why not wigs

- the pacu fish are reportedly fond of flesh, so again why not wigs

Hope this helps this idea
Kay

JackBank
11-08-2014, 20:22
Here are some ideas for the problem with the wigs etc

- a Goonch also known as giant devil catfish eats flesh so why not wigs as they are part of the body

-swordfish, could they somehow harpoon wigs etc with their sharp bill

- some fish use seaweed as nesting material so why not wigs

- the pacu fish are reportedly fond of flesh, so again why not wigs

Hope this helps this idea
Kay

what wigs? :)

Sun
11-08-2014, 20:35
Kay means wig is a realistic bait, JackBank. It can attract some existing fishes by reasons she posted.

JackBank
11-08-2014, 20:43
Kay means wig is a realistic bait, JackBank. It can attract some existing fishes by reasons she posted.

Hmm, interesting :) I never heard of a "wig" bait.. could you give me a screenshot of it

AAreSS
12-08-2014, 09:03
I like the idea but not the wig part... There was a post before where similar thing was mentioned like a new map will open just for couple of weeks for Easter or Halloween and there will be some new fishes that can be caught and some rewards and other things and after (2-3 weeks) that map closes for a year... You can put some missions there, or like one big mission in parts and if you manage to finish all parts of mission you will get a bigger reward but if you don't finish it you will get a smaller reward,,, Most online games have this and that is how they keep the players interested in the game :)

AceMoon
12-08-2014, 09:44
I like the idea but not the wig part... There was a post before where similar thing was mentioned like a new map will open just for couple of weeks for Easter or Halloween and there will be some new fishes that can be caught and some rewards and other things and after (2-3 weeks) that map closes for a year... You can put some missions there, or like one big mission in parts and if you manage to finish all parts of mission you will get a bigger reward but if you don't finish it you will get a smaller reward,,, Most online games have this and that is how they keep the players interested in the game :)

the idea is good but please stay realistic not fantasy,
for things like hair or furniture or fishing superfluous please a small purchasing and sale shop game is to remain realistic already

Sun
12-08-2014, 13:25
Oh people, please try to be more open-minded.. It is a game, it is not a real world. So as for realistic who can explain me how I can catch 2 cm fish and 6 m, 8 m, 11 m fish with rod? Futhermore, I can catch 2 cm and 11 m fish in Fishao with the same rod :)

As for hairy bait. We have such lures bait as a streamer. Perhaps hairy bait can looks similar with streamer.
It seems I should do some sketches :)

And about a mermaid NPC. Half of fishermans in the real world say they see mermaids. For example, some of my senior relatives told me they saw a mermaid. Well I decided not to ask how many tea they drunk before :)

kaykaykay
12-08-2014, 13:34
Sorry for the confusion, the wigs are the hairstyles that can be bought or are given out as rewards. I think of them as wigs because until someone actually wears them, they look like the wigs in wig shops to me. haha
Kay

JackBank
12-08-2014, 13:36
It's possible Sun :) people in real life are able to catch an 11m fish (it has happened before)
And mermaids do not exist :)
Sure we'd love to be open minded.. but for realistic and possible ideas.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the confusion, the wigs are the hairstyles that can be bought or are given out as rewards. I think of them as wigs because until someone actually wears them, they look like the wigs in wig shops to me. haha
Kay

Sounds better, and not wig bait :P I now understand what you meant for the hat thing earlier.

Sun
15-08-2014, 23:42
Oh, JackBank, I still have some doubts that it is possible to catch 2 cm fish, especially with the rod that allows you to catch 11 m :)
And when I see a lass is up to her middle in 10-15 C degrees water (non-transparent water) I believe that I see a real mermaid ;) or a triton instead a lad.
I'm happy to find out that creators of Fishao like fairytales and add some amazing tree in game.
Btw people who prefer only real life don't play such games..

Sun
15-08-2014, 23:43
Okey, I drew a couple of sketches for you..
Should I add a colour?

JackBank
16-08-2014, 00:08
Oh, JackBank, I still have some doubts that it is possible to catch 2 cm fish, especially with the rod that allows you to catch 11 m :)
And when I see a lass is up to her middle in 10-15 C degrees water (non-transparent water) I believe that I see a real mermaid ;) or a triton instead a lad.
I'm happy to find out that creators of Fishao like fairytales and add some amazing tree in game.
Btw people who prefer only real life don't play such games..

Why wouldn't it be possible ? :)

Nice sketches, but I doubt that we will add anything like that. I don't think we are going to add fishes with hats and beards that eats wigs

Sun
19-08-2014, 16:34
Dear JackBank,
I'm happy to say that there is bearded fish in the real world. Banded corydoras or bearded catfish (Scleromystax barbatus). Without a hat though. Perhaps this fish wears hat only at nighttime and photographer just didn't catch a right moment :D

JackBank
19-08-2014, 16:42
Dear JackBank,
I'm happy to say that there is bearded fish in the real world. Banded corydoras or bearded catfish (Scleromystax barbatus). Without a hat though. Perhaps this fish wears hat only at nighttime and photographer just didn't catch a right moment :D

Oh yes I know Sun :) many fishes have like that.. its not a beard though, but it represent as one

anniella
25-08-2014, 09:52
Sunny's idea seems based around use of wigs as bait etc. The wigs are the reward from daily challenges that can't be used - a male hairstyle for a female player, or shoes or the hats that aren't wanted. They stay in the inventory for ever. Here's a different way of using them in a new area:-

Mangrove swamp / Coral reef.

A long thin area starting inland and ending up in a reef, possibly on an island with cliffs elsewhere and fishing only in this narrow strip.

The area could be tidal with a mangrove swamp fished at high tide and the coral reef (fished from piers) available all the time, with bigger fish coming in form the ocean and only available at high tide. Some fish from the reef spawn in the mangrove swamp so can sometimes be caught there, but usually the bigger ones are in the reef.

A skeleton ship could be in the reef with a pier close to it, allowing greater access to the fish of the reef.

There could be a local native tribe who, through custom or continuing religious practice, decorate wooden carved statues of their ancestors, and spare wigs, hats and shoes could be traded with a local guardian of the statues for lucky potion, perhaps usable only in this new area, and available to buy at the shop.

Many of the fish on Pinheira Beach would also be available in this area Ė but that is true of links between other areas already established. A lionfish is already available but I donít know which one, and there are more that one species which, although similar, may be different enough to merit adding in as another species. The same is true of the grouper group. All the sharks etc would also swim here.

Ref groupers - http://www.grouperandchips.net/grouper_faq.html

Mangrove swamp fish

Mudskipper
Barramundi (Lates calcarifer),
Mangrove Jack (Lutjanus argentimaculatus)
banded archerfish (Toxotes jaculatrix)
smallscale archerfish (Toxotes microlepis)

Barracuda (already available)

Coral reef fish

common lionfish or devil firefish, (Pterois miles)
red lionfish (Pterois volitans)
clearfin lionfish, tailbar lionfish, radiata lionfish, or radial firefish, (Pterois radiate)
Giant grouper (Epinephelus lanceolatus)
Lesser amberjacks, (Seriola lanceolatus)
Banded rudderfish, (Seriola zonata)
Gag, (Mycteroperca microlepis)
Scamp, (Mycteroperca phenax)
Yellowedge grouper, (Epinephelus flavolimbatus)
pilot fish (Naucrates ductor)

kaykaykay
25-08-2014, 10:33
What a great idea, love the thought of a tidal area which 'comes and goes' as Sibiri does, and we can use those annoying hairstyles, hats and shoes that we collect. So detailed, amazing, I can picture this in my mind, it really would work! Well done Anniella, for all the work in looking up the fish and for your ideas. Kay

Sun
25-08-2014, 13:38
Wow, cool, some players also suggested me mangrove area for Wonderpond.. As far predatory aggressive fishes live in fresh- and saltwater I think Wonderpond area could be an estuary with mangrove trees thus we can fish both kind of fishes. High and low tide increases the chance to catch fresh- or saltwater species. (Kay kindly enumerated some of them in one of the previous posts..)

Well, I love the Anniella's idea :) Wood carved statues wear different wigs and hats is also good decision for "looks" problem. Will be funny to see how statues change hats or hairs if player bring a new wig or a hat.. It will remove a feeling that hairstyle reward is an absolutely useless stuff even if you get the same thing 5 times. I think it is much more better decision than a resale shop (which is really good idea for decorations that you don't want to use any more) since the hairstyle (or hat, or shoes) is a reward for quest. According to Sod's law you spend a lot of efforts to get this reward and it will be boring just sell it as absolutely useless stuff..
Perhaps it can be also some closed area as in thombani town. Player should bring a gift for statues that are guardians of this enclosure. Then they open a gate and you can fish some period of time..
Or these statues will shows you a best place for fishing if you give them such present :)

Last days a lot of players asked me when Wonderpond area comes and they can use their hairs resources.. they are absolutely sure that our streamer is a kind of hairy bait and they want to use wigs as a bait. Unfortunately I cannot answer them I also want to know it :D Perhaps admin will give a little hint about next update?

P.S. Definitely we need any solution for looks question. Few days ago one my friend got a sixth hat and was so disappointed that he cannot use it as a bait therefore he ate this hat.. Sounds were awful!

fisherk04
27-08-2015, 22:20
Nice idea. 🚔🚨🚒🚑🚓