PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions about water

Thunar
19-11-2014, 18:20
Hello,
I just started playing the game a couple of days ago.
I am enjoying going through the missions and catching as many different fish as I can.
I do have a couple of question about the water.

Does the different colors of water in a lake indicate depth? So the darker the water the deeper? I am assuming you cannot catch a 100cm fish next to the shoreline.
If it does do fish congregate at the depth breaks? Like is a good spot where you see the light blue change to dark?
Do the ripples mean anything. I have not yet determined if casting into a ripple helps my chances of catching something.
If they do are the different ripples indications of a type of fish? Some ripples look like a bubble rising from deep and others look like they are fish hitting insects at the top of the water.

Or am I just looking at this wrong and it is all just random casting?

Thanks.

pie_man
19-11-2014, 18:50
Welcome to FISHAO! :)
I am not 100% sure about these things, I am speaking from my experience.

I think so, but I don't think the depth has an effect. You can catch a 100cm+ fish even next to the shoreline.
The depth itself has no purpose, but these spots are often very good to catch fish.
I don't think so. I tried that many times without effect.

I hope I helped you somehow. Have fun!

acongojada
21-11-2014, 07:59
Hola, thanks for asking and answering these questions...I have always wondered about them too.:)

SandyD
01-12-2014, 03:42
Hello,
I just started playing the game a couple of days ago.
I am enjoying going through the missions and catching as many different fish as I can.
I do have a couple of question about the water.

Does the different colors of water in a lake indicate depth? So the darker the water the deeper? I am assuming you cannot catch a 100cm fish next to the shoreline.
If it does do fish congregate at the depth breaks? Like is a good spot where you see the light blue change to dark?
Do the ripples mean anything. I have not yet determined if casting into a ripple helps my chances of catching something.
If they do are the different ripples indications of a type of fish? Some ripples look like a bubble rising from deep and others look like they are fish hitting insects at the top of the water.

Or am I just looking at this wrong and it is all just random casting?

Thanks.

Deep holes (the darker shaded areas) often have schools of fish in them.

Close to the shoreline I have caught many of the 5 star fishes so do not rule that out.

With the ripples I have cast and caught many fish through that system the bubbles I have found are a bigger fish or a 3-5 star fish. I had a niece I was minding and I allowed her to fish for me at Cool Mountain and told her at age 6 to cast only to ripple and bubbles she caught many fish for me.

Good luck and happy fishing.

Sandra

TheSlacker
22-12-2014, 09:49
as far as my experience goes, it's all just decoration.

You can catch fish in deep water, or at drop-offs, and you can catch them in the ripples, BUT
you can alos catch the same ones anywhere else, AND
You won't always catch fish in the deps, or at drop-offs or in the ripples...

SO: I think it's just decorational, and has no influence on catching fish.