PDA

View Full Version : Trade uide

jdogisbest
02-06-2015, 05:54
This is a guide on how to trade well.

Tip 1: Use the fishao wiki. Use the fishao wiki to determine whether the price you are getting for your fishes is fair. On my first trade someone traded me a mandarinfish and I paid 200 fb for it. Lesson learned!
Tip 2: Get everything worked out before you start trading. When trading with someone make sure you have a price worked out that you both agree with. This way you won't go into the trade not knowing what offer someone will make.
Tip 3: Only trade fishes that you want to trade, not that 5 star fish that you want to keep in your inventory. Never trade a fish out of desperation.
Tip 4: Trade for the fish market or to get fishbucks. Trading something for a fish you haven't caught yet will not add that fish to your fishdex. Only trade for a fish that you haven't caught yet to sell it in the fish market, or to trade it to someone else.
Tip 5: Only trade if you are doing it to buy something of sell something. Never trade just for fun. This way when someone wants to trade you something you really want you will not have wasted your materials on something else.
Tip 6: Fish for a lot of 1 star fish, for example, at the beach with dough for grunt and sardinellas. Save up your one stars, that way you can trade 100 of them or so all at once for something you really want. They are easier to catch than 5 stars and worth just as much as them when traded in bulk.

If there is any other advice on trading that you have and would like to see up here please post below.

was24
02-06-2015, 20:19

Tip 1: Use the fishao wiki. Use the fishao wiki to determine whether the price you are getting for your fishes is fair. On my first trade someone traded me a mandarinfish and I paid 200 fb for it. Lesson learned!
Tip 2: Get everything worked out before you start trading. When trading with someone make sure you have a price worked out that you both agree with. This way you won't go into the trade not knowing what offer someone will make.
Tip 3: Only trade fishes that you want to trade, not that 5 star fish that you want to keep in your inventory. Never trade a fish out of desperation.
Tip 4: Trade for the fish market or to get fishbucks. Trading something for a fish you haven't caught yet will not add that fish to your fishdex. Only trade for a fish that you haven't caught yet to sell it in the fish market, or to trade it to someone else.
Tip 5: Only trade if you are doing it to buy something of sell something. Never trade just for fun. This way when someone wants to trade you something you really want you will not have wasted your materials on something else.
Tip 6: Fish for a lot of 1 star fish, for example, at the beach with dough for grunt and sardinellas. Save up your one stars, that way you can trade 100 of them or so all at once for something you really want. They are easier to catch than 5 stars and worth just as much as them when traded in bulk.

If there is any other advice on trading that you have and would like to see up here please post below.

Nice guide! :) Maybe you could add something to tell players how to use the trading system? Also, there is a typo in the thread title.

jdogisbest
02-06-2015, 22:53
I know about the typo but I don't know how to change it

ferrealz
03-06-2015, 23:41

-------------------------
"trade for something your really want"

Now that they've taken out trading rods and bait, there's nothing that i will ever "really want"
I don't know about you guys. Trading fish? There's a market for that. I guess I'll try to rip some one off but we'll see. Trading looks? Yeah we definitely don't have enough of those yet. Trading for decorations? Maybe, but the seller will usually not give a very cheap price for that stuff.

was24
03-06-2015, 23:43
I know about the typo but I don't know how to change it

Click "Edit," than click "Go Advanced" :)

jdogisbest
05-06-2015, 14:21
Thank you!

bezu
06-06-2015, 20:17
-------------------------
"trade for something your really want"

Now that they've taken out trading rods and bait, there's nothing that i will ever "really want"
I don't know about you guys. Trading fish? There's a market for that. I guess I'll try to rip some one off but we'll see. Trading looks? Yeah we definitely don't have enough of those yet. Trading for decorations? Maybe, but the seller will usually not give a very cheap price for that stuff.

That's the fun part about it, contribute with other users and try your luck,you'll get new experiences and just find it really fun. Trading isn't imperative, and I prefer the unability to trade baits,rods,potions etc... than seeing someone get an unfair advantage above honest players and especially paying players

Codyrapala
09-06-2015, 01:34
I got running shoes in a trade for 8,000 fb. If you don't have running shoes yet I highly suggest saving up 8,000 fb. It is usually fairly easy to find someone willing for that price. I would rather save my coins for rods/baits/gadgets. Nice guide by the way.