PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Level up fast and getting fishcoins

JackBank
17-06-2013, 14:37
Bob's Minigame
When talking to bob you will then be able to collect coins (10 fishcoins)
Bob is located at Rio Tropical
You can do this once in a week!

Complete the tutorial
When you register you will be able to do the tutorial (the blue fish)
You can only do this 1 time but you will get 10 fishcoins from it (1 coin each part of the tutorial)

Complete your achievements
If you look on your left there is a orange fish, there you can see your achievements
one is for area and one is global
(global means overall for example you have to catch 100 fish and if you see
area achievements you have to talk to all NPC's for example)

Win tournaments
If you win a tournament you are getting profit but you can still lose money.
Even though it costs 5 fishcoins you still have the chance of winning many fishcoins
and a throphy!

Finish Herb's daily quest
If you see Herb go talk to him immediately because he will give you a quest.
It is random but depends on what area he is in. It could be "Catch 5 #fish#"
and when you have done that, you have to go back to him before he leaves and he will pay you

Buy fishcoins
Well what can i say? The title says it all.
But if you think its just waste to do it, think of it as donation, we use the money to make the game a better place.

Ben
Ben is ALWAYS mad, except 1 day, and if you get to talk to him the right moment, you will earn 1 fishcoin!
He is located in Laketown, a old grumpy guy! ha-ha!

Level up fast?
Go to the Trout Farm located in Laketown!
Here you will get twice as much EXP for the caught fish! very useful for new players that want to level up fast!

NorthLines
17-06-2013, 15:00
Great guide, I wanted to create one myself but its not neccesary any longer! :)
Thanks!

Jeeffy
17-06-2013, 15:18
This Guide is great, thanks!

Fisheur
17-06-2013, 15:54
Very good guide, thank you.

http://s14.rimg.info/505660f787f7a6c75a7e3c3901a16ed9.gif

BromVisje
17-06-2013, 16:01
Where can you find Herb's Daily Quest??

JackBank
17-06-2013, 16:02
Where can you find Herb's Daily Quest??

Hello, BromVisje.
Herb is randomly in the 10 different area

Fearce
17-06-2013, 17:10
Very good guide, thank you.

http://s14.rimg.info/505660f787f7a6c75a7e3c3901a16ed9.gif

not that you need it or something :P
last time i checked you where lvl 18

phynguyen
17-06-2013, 17:40
Thanks for the nice guide :)

JackBank
17-06-2013, 17:44
No problem! i'm here to help!

kronky
18-06-2013, 20:02

It's always usefull.. I'm lvl 10 now and didn't know that the old man gives away coins :P

Dmen112
23-06-2013, 15:48
Decent guide, some more in-depth information would be nice to see.
For example how many times you can do the Bob minigame. ( Im pretty sure its once a week now. )

kronky
24-06-2013, 10:01
Hello, BromVisje.
Herb is randomly in the 10 different area

@JackBank: Is Herb really random??
I logged in for 4 days now and I always find him at the beach..
Or might this be a little bug?

JackBank
24-06-2013, 11:14
@JackBank: Is Herb really random??
I logged in for 4 days now and I always find him at the beach..
Or might this be a little bug?

yes he is random :) but if he continues to be on the beach everyday you should report him. If he wasnt there everyday but only that fourth day its not really a bug :)

Peppe
24-06-2013, 11:21
Great work, they guide will help some new players. :D

kronky
24-06-2013, 11:49
yes he is random :) but if he continues to be on the beach everyday you should report him. If he wasnt there everyday but only that fourth day its not really a bug :)

I haven't logged in at sunday, and I couldn't find him at friday.
for al the days between (wed, thurs, sat, mon) he was at the beach.

Jin
24-06-2013, 12:04
Yeah I did mention it as well, really strange :-) Let's see tomorrow?! ;-)

Dmen112
25-06-2013, 20:14
I found him at the cool mountain for a quest, got 2 coins. ( At tuesday )

Incase this helps any of you i do not see any bug.

attacks9
27-07-2013, 18:17
Thanks for the the very nice guide.

Semira
01-09-2013, 06:59
I wonder which days Ben isn't mad...

JackBank
01-09-2013, 16:07
I wonder which days Ben isn't mad...

It's random! :D

jjlovehorses
29-12-2013, 15:03
Can you get coins from Bob more than once? I've tried many times and I play daily, but he NEVER gives me any anymore! He gave me coins only in the beginning of the game.:(

CaFile
16-01-2014, 20:17
Nice Guide :)

JackBank
17-01-2014, 11:39
Can you get coins from Bob more than once? I've tried many times and I play daily, but he NEVER gives me any anymore! He gave me coins only in the beginning of the game.:(

Every week! :)

bezu
18-02-2014, 13:42
and now he is 166 lol
PS its a grea guide

gelian
27-02-2014, 14:57
is there any other way to buy fish coins other than Paypal and Credit cards?

bezu
28-02-2014, 09:44
maybe by phone

Markéta Plášilová
28-03-2014, 17:20
:)Nevíte kde je herb?

chitti
04-04-2014, 11:10
After more levels , now i am 77 I am out of fish coins , but an daily quest tournament place in top 3 , i cannot do that , but next Monday only i can get coins from bob , i finished herb quest and i got 2 coins , by that time still i need 3 more coins , then these daily quests should not be there , please remove the daily quest " Tournament place in top 3 " I cannot do it and if i get coins i can get top 123 place , but no coin s, is there any tip for that ?

Mahyasoma
08-04-2014, 17:41
Where are the coins hidden in Bob's minigame. Are some on the other side of the bridge? I can only find four in the time allotted. Thanks, LOVE the game.

chitti
09-04-2014, 06:35
Yes in the other side of the bridge we can collect coins so we get total of 10 coins but what about my question I am out of coins and as a higher level (now I am level 84) I cannot get coins easily any method to get coins?

Fill1998
09-04-2014, 13:49
You´re off topic.. There´s topic about fast levelling :)
Advice: Win tournaments, that´s for me best way to get coins.
And how to quick reach new level? Simply, get experience booster :)
Enjoy the game.

TheSlacker
06-10-2014, 15:06
chitti, no there isn't, and I have been telling this a lot of times to people in game. tournaments are too expensive. While we should be able to attend a tournament each day, with the coins they toss at use, we can't. But that's the point of the game. Once you're hooked, you start to feel to get too few coins, so you should start buying.
Personally I skip daily quests when I need to get top 3. Occasionally I go.

Some post tournaments bring you coins, don't get tempted, they DON'T. They will only cost you 95% of the times.
To get top3 in a tournament you mostly need to use a good rod, (expensive) baits and extra's like radars, potions and magic watch. If you add the cost of everything you need to use to be successfull to the 5 coins entrance fee, you will have to be damned lucky if you get a net profit out of them.
Sure people will tell you they got 11 coins from the tournament and only had to give 5, netting 6 coins. But then subtrackt their neon rod, or gold rod, their shark-lures, or insect baits, and magic watch is 4 coins as well... in the end the tournament cost them money. Clear and simple.
If you just enter and use bamboo and dough and no boosters.... you won't make top 3, unless you're only 3 or max 4 players, and then you will get back 5 coins if lucky, but most chances you'll still loose some coins.
So for tournaments either be prepared to spend a lot of coins, and try to win it, which will give you none or little netto profit. Or just waste your 5 coins which will go to the ones who did spend a lot of coins on it.

Sad but true...

So my suggestion for the devs is to make entrance fee 3 coins. Pay the entire amount out instead of keeping some out, f.e. 50% 35% 15% pay out, or 45%, 35%, 20%. This will still make coins drip out of the game by roundings... And most importantly... disable magic watch and luck potions, bcs they make tournaments unfair and only make new players lose big time disencouraging them to ever participate again. Also state in tournaments Only radars and shiny potions will work so nobody is going to waste some valuable trinkets unneeded. Keep the community happy, and you'll get more return from them.

UncleGrandpa
06-10-2014, 19:52
I agree with The Slacker (and I am off-topic as well :p). Not only have I skipped Daily Quests with Tourney Top 3 requirement, I have NEVER entered a tournament, nor will I ever under the current configurations. People who have taken advantage of past bugs or who have no patience and infinte cash to spend on a 'flash game' have too much advantage over the average player.

What is needed is to add a 4th tournament into the rotation, one in which EVERYONE who enters uses a bamboo rod with level 1 fishing line, dough bait and THAT's ALL. No potions, no watches, no tricks, no gimmicks, only fishing on a level playing field. That's what will encourage me to spend 5 coins to play in a tournament, and I suspect many others will feel the same way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Well I must say that now my foot is in my mouth because I try a tournament to complete a mission (Race Tourney), there were about 12 - 15 players and I had alot of fun! Only used small rod with level 9 line and dough bait. Also finish 3rd and win 12 FC not bad either! I suppose the lesson I learned is to never say "NEVER". :D

TheSlacker
08-10-2014, 10:33
haha, sure, you can get lucky somethimes... and that's why race tournaments are mostly populated, no big requirements needed.
The other types require bigger rods, of you'll loose the fishes that you need for a good ranking...
But think about it.. 12-15 players, so about 10 players left empty handed. On average you might say there is a lot more chance you'll just loose your 5 coins, and that's quite a lot in times where Herb gives out max 4 coins, and where goals are cleared and missions with only once in a while a few coins as reward are tossed at you...
But go ahead and do a few more if you having fun. No better use for coins than to have fun with them. I prefer using them for other things though. ;)