Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by nahnook View Post
    The striped rod is a steel rod. You can get it by using real money when you purchase fishcoins or alternatively you can earn it by completing various missions on Fishao. The steel rod pops up a few times in missions for you to get. Good luck! I caught a chinese sturgeon yesterday and it was only 72cm
    OK, thank you. I'll just complete the missions as I'm not spending real money to buy fish coins. I'd rather do it the hard way.

I got steel rod in the mission catch a 5 star fish. Used all my steel rod trying to catch a tope shark to complete my daily quests for the 3rd day in a row. Never did catch it. Should of given up and saved some steel rod for something else I also have caught a few chinese sturgeon on pink neon rod. I also lost a bunch lol
    Last edited by fishinglures; 01-03-2015 at 00:28.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinglures View Post
    I got steel rod in the mission catch a 5 star fish. Used all my steel rod trying to catch a tope shark to complete my daily quests for the 3rd day in a row. Never did catch it. Should of given up and saved some steel rod for something else I also have caught a few chinese sturgeon on pink neon rod. I also lost a bunch lol
    There are many more missions that pop up with the opportunity to get the steel rod as your reward

Thanks I hope I get one of those missions soon so I can get another steel rod!

can someone please describe the exact place where they caughet the sturgeon?

O-K, an update from a post I made over 3-years ago. I've caught 248-sturgeon---- almost all on the Golden Rod but even with that rod, I've lost some because the largest ones are just not that easy to catch on the Golden, which makes it fun.
    My largest is one-inch shy of the world record shown for me, which is
    13-feet-one inch (or 398.78 cm's). I really believe they've made the Chinese Sturgeon
    more difficult to catch than in the past but perhaps that's just my imagination.
    Regardless, you'll need a lot of fish bait and energy to seriously fish for them.
    The gadgets I find most helpful are blue radar and Luck Potion #1 but nothing magical about either----the radar does
    help cut out fishing in the more dead zones. As already mentioned, you can catch the smaller sturgeon from a Power to a Neon rod or others below the Golden or larger rods----but I just found it frustrating to keep losing
    the bigger ones. My favorite areas are around where the Great Wall ends---the bend around the lake to the right
    of the Wall area---and the upper end can also be productive. Blue Radar shows these areas, to be
    a bit more active overall than others. Good luck !
    Last edited by Atticus; 14-02-2018 at 14:33.