Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Chinese sturgeon tips

hi, one of my current missions is to catch a chinese sturgeon, does anyone have any tips on rods, gadgets, etc...
    my line is 60cm, and i currently have just 9 fish coins. (will edit post with new info)

Youll need strong rod and line for this fish.
    I caught my Chinese sturgeon just with fishbait without any gadgets.
    If you are feeling really lucky:
    Try to fish between 13:00 to 15:00 with LP2&blue radar and maybe ull get lucky and you will catch Chinsee paddlefish or Kaluga sturgeon.

thanks. Would bronze rod do?

I don't think so
    Attachment 4198
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gutyman; 10-12-2014 at 12:01.

With a bronze rod and 60 cm line you will be able to catch a fish up to 155 cm. The average size for Chinese Sturgeon as listed in the fishdex is 152 cm. So I would say that it is indeed possible to catch with a bronze rod and your line level, however you may end up hooking multiple Chinese Sturgeons before you catch one that is small enough that you will be able to catch it. A rod such as the Gold rod would be much better suited for a Chinese Sturgeon, however even that with your low line level will only let you catch fish up to 255 cm.

If you are going to try I would suggest a blue radar over a luck potion. It is only a four star fish and shouldn't really take all that
    long to hook one, your problem will be finding one that is of the size that you are able to catch with your rod/line combination.

The formula isn't always working especially if it's huge 4-5 stars fishes.

You can pray for a baby stuergon but it will take a while.
    Last edited by gutyman; 10-12-2014 at 12:24.

The average size is 298 cm for me. And even Chinese Sturgeons won't come up so easily. Maybe a better rod with line helps here.

chinese sturgeon.jpg
    I believe in love at first sight because, I love my mother since I opened my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by chitti View Post
    The average size is 298 cm for me. And even Chinese Sturgeons won't come up so easily. Maybe a better rod with line helps here.

chinese sturgeon.jpg
    Now that's strange. I wonder why my fishdex says 152 cm? If the average size is really 298 cm then disregard my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowden View Post
    Now that's strange. I wonder why my fishdex says 152 cm? If the average size is really 298 cm then disregard my previous post.
    Its different for different players. That player's smallest Chinese sturgeon/ first Chinese Sturgeon is his/her average Chinese Sturgeon!
    I believe in love at first sight because, I love my mother since I opened my eyes.

its depnds how many fishes you caught,
    so far Chitty number is the most accurate