Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb A New Type of Tournament

Maybe we can add another tournament that tests the players' brains and knowledge in the game, rather than just letting them compete using skills in fishing and hauling big fishes.

I recommend a FISHAO Quiz Bee: The tournament will have 10-20 players competing with knowledge in the game and some stock knowledge. The game will ask questions pertaining fishes in FISHAO. I think it can be a STANDARDIZED type of competition. Players who get the correct answer will receive a point. The fastest player will have more points. Also add 2 hints for them to be assisted during the Easy and the Average category (N/A in Difficult category). The time limit will be according on the degree of difficulty of the category so some players who will try to scan Dr. Wiki and reference books won't stand a chance.

EASY: 10 seconds
    AVERAGE: 15 seconds
    DIFFICULT: 20 seconds

Of course you can try to give them a consolation price so the players who didn't reached the Top 3 positions will still enjoy despite on not winning the game. Plus, they will learn some cool trivia.

Sample Question:

Question: This longest fish is in the Guinness Book of World Records and is nicknamed "Bert". What is it?

A. Arapaima
    B. Goldfish
    C. Mandarin fish
    D. Siamese Tigerfish

Correct Answer: B. Goldfish

I hope I helped out your Tournament problems. Should I lack some important details in my recommendation, you are all welcomed to give your opinion about it. If I did not scan properly that there is already a thread regarding this, I want to apologize. That would be all I can contribute to the FISHAO Team now. Thank you for reading and have a great fishing day!
    With a nice and clean game, justice shall be served.

I don't really like this idea.

So a new element in the game wouldn't be nice ? Just the classic fish, catch ,win,repeat tournaments? Even if not applied as a tourney, it would be great to see such minigame/quest/challenge

Quote Originally Posted by bezu View Post
    So a new element in the game wouldn't be nice ? Just the classic fish, catch ,win,repeat tournaments? Even if not applied as a tourney, it would be great to see such minigame/quest/challenge
    I just simply don't really like the idea of this. I wish they could add some new kind of event like catch the most species of fish. That would make it a lot more fun!

I think it would be a great addition to the game if there was a daily quiz/trivia.
    If the average person had to fish for their life, they would probably die.

for the race tourney I think it would be a great idea if we could catch our 15 fish and not end it when the third person gets to the finish line. It would go like this: once you catch 15 fish you cannot cast in anymore and you have to go to the finish. therefore everyone can catch their 15 fish
    If the average person had to fish for their life, they would probably die.

I was thinking with some like this, I like the idea.

I was thinking about it because I want the players to challenge their knowledge about the game and not just their skills in catching fishes.

Therefore the game server should be upgraded the most to prevent some lags during the tournament.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KuyaMarvs View Post
    Maybe we can add another tournament that tests the players' brains and knowledge in the game, rather than just letting them compete using skills in fishing and hauling big fishes.

I recommend a FISHAO Quiz Bee: The tournament will have 10-20 players competing with knowledge in the game and some stock knowledge. The game will ask questions pertaining fishes in FISHAO. I think it can be a STANDARDIZED type of competition. Players who get the correct answer will receive a point. The fastest player will have more points. Also add 2 hints for them to be assisted during the Easy and the Average category (N/A in Difficult category). The time limit will be according on the degree of difficulty of the category so some players who will try to scan Dr. Wiki and reference books won't stand a chance.

EASY: 10 seconds
    AVERAGE: 15 seconds
    DIFFICULT: 20 seconds

Of course you can try to give them a consolation price so the players who didn't reached the Top 3 positions will still enjoy despite on not winning the game. Plus, they will learn some cool trivia.

Sample Question:

Question: This longest fish is in the Guinness Book of World Records and is nicknamed "Bert". What is it?

A. Arapaima
    B. Goldfish
    C. Mandarin fish
    D. Siamese Tigerfish

Correct Answer: B. Goldfish

I hope I helped out your Tournament problems. Should I lack some important details in my recommendation, you are all welcomed to give your opinion about it. If I did not scan properly that there is already a thread regarding this, I want to apologize. That would be all I can contribute to the FISHAO Team now. Thank you for reading and have a great fishing day!
    I don't really care for this idea. I would like to have some thing else.

Maybe it should not really need to be in the tournaments, I guess. Maybe a mini game or a special event. XD