Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nahnook View Post
    Hmm I do like the idea of baits being traded but the fact that many would make duplicate accounts to trade to themselves ample amounts of bait makes it a big no go for Fishao which is totally understandable. The only way I could see baits/rods being able to be traded is for the trades of this nature to only be conducted by players of a very high level, for example only players over level 100 are able to trade baits/rods. This way those who would make many accounts would be discouraged to try cheat as reaching level 100 just to trade a few baits/rods would take an exceptionally long time. And like Salty said there are many opportunities to earn free baits through Fishboxes and Daily Quests so its not impossible. Anyway thats just my two cents worth happy fishing everyone!
    Nice idea! I like it!

Join #FISHAO! Directions ===> http://forums.fishao.com/threads/408...lk-with-others

Want me to make you a FISHAO Forum signature or avatar? PM me! You can see some examples here.

Quote Originally Posted by nahnook View Post
    Hmm I do like the idea of baits being traded but the fact that many would make duplicate accounts to trade to themselves ample amounts of bait makes it a big no go for Fishao which is totally understandable. The only way I could see baits/rods being able to be traded is for the trades of this nature to only be conducted by players of a very high level, for example only players over level 100 are able to trade baits/rods. This way those who would make many accounts would be discouraged to try cheat as reaching level 100 just to trade a few baits/rods would take an exceptionally long time. And like Salty said there are many opportunities to earn free baits through Fishboxes and Daily Quests so its not impossible. Anyway thats just my two cents worth happy fishing everyone!
    Unfortunately,almost no one voted for this option last year, while most were with "remove rods,items and bait trading" I wish it will be taken into consideration to reorganize that poll

Legit question here. Why is it such a huge concern for people to build side accounts? I was reading the facebook page and people from the same household were unable to trade with each other because Fishao restricted trading of any kind on a single network. So unless people are able to access two networks at the same time (I have no idea how that's possible), then that cheating issue is an overblown concern.

Salty ~ I read your post and your post clearly says that you can only get dough, vegetal, and fish bait for free or with fishbucks/shells. So you basically addressed 1 out of his 3 needs. I still think lures and insects are equally important. In fact, it'd be nice if we could buy those with fishbucks too. I'd be willing to pay.

Insufficient FC to buy baits should NEVER be a problem. Herb quest gives 2 - 4 coins per day and a minimum initial investment will yield a player 1 fishcoin per day from the money tree, plus every 8 days there's Bob's minigame (10 coins). Thus, on average, a player who has reached Marshville level will minimally gain 35 fishcoins every 8 days (approximately 140 fishcoins per month), more than suffucient to stay stocked up on insects and lures considering these are (sometimes) given as daily quest / fishbox prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleGrandpa View Post
    Insufficient FC to buy baits should NEVER be a problem.

what a joke. ok wise one, that averages down to less than 4.4 fish coins a day. That's less than 88 insects a day and also less than 110 lures a day to play around with. We're talking about a player who is that invested in to the game and who has to play everyday to nab every possible fishcoin. Under these circumstances, this wouldn't count as a lot of throws would it? The situation is obvious that he would be better off if trading was allowed. I'm not sure why no one is willing to come out and say that. He is willing to supply fishbucks and I'm sure there are people out there willing to sell him some. Saying that this would NEVER be a problem is blasphemy. On top of that, what about those who would like to save up some fishcoins for some better fods, or perhaps upgrade their line? You don't even take into account all of the aspects that go into here. Continue representing the wealthy minority on this game but we poor don't have it as good as you do. I'd rather not live pay check to pay check everyday.

If your smart and upgrade your tree so that it gives you 3 coins that goes from 4.4 per day to 7 per day.

http://forums.fishao.com/threads/182...ters-on-FISHAO

Wow I just found the poll and it's absolutely ridiculous. How many players are there on fishao? There are well over 2500, and that's taking a very conservative estimate. How many voters were here on this poll? 44. So let's see, less than 2 percent of fishao players were able to even vote on this It was an obvious attempt by fishao to remove the trading option. Besides, it's more likely that less than 1% of the fishao population was able to have a say in this. I think it's totally likely that this has well over 4400 players. Well anyways, fishao should go take the trade option away from those who voted in the poll not everyone. Was the regular fishao player even remotely aware of the existence of this poll? It's like 5 people in the UK just chose the next Prime Minister. Lastly, it's more likely that the admins themselves just threw in a couple of votes to let them have the outcome they wanted. Talk about how hard it is to trade across accounts through cheating that doesn't exist when you can just create a few forum accounts to sway the voting in your favor. If you really want to make everything fair, why don't you just send a message to all fishao players informing them of the poll and we'll see which option wins out this time.

You could make it so that any trade that has a moderator involved can have rods, baits, and items be traded. I doubt there are any moderators that would cheat in trades.

All right, so where in the world does this guy get the fishcoins to do that if he doesn't even have any bait to play the game? A not-so-smart person would figure out very soon that this is not even a remote possibility. Upgrading the tree from level 2 to 6 costs 138 fishcoins. The break even point just to make those 138 fishcoins back is 69 days. Most people have better things to do in their lives than play fishao everyday, and 69 days just focussing on one game is pretty hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeonlover View Post
    You could make it so that any trade that has a moderator involved can have rods, baits, and items be traded. I doubt there are any moderators that would cheat in trades.
    Not a bad idea, but I think we'd be putting the moderators at the short end of the stick if that happens. Aside from that, I'm not sure a moderator has anything to gain through making a trade with one of us