What is considered vulgar vocabulary in-game? in-game link for the rules

Hi,
    I haven't found a link in-game for the rules.
    I'm normally not caring about these much, because I don't do things that would pester others, neither spam, neither be impolite. I'm not a kid, and I have other things to do then to be nasty

But then, when asking a group of people (2 moderators included in that group) (in-game)
    how they were able to speak and have black bubble-speech instead of white text.... no one replied,
    and I went on and asked if it was a censoring thing...
    no one replied,
    so I tried it. I typed 'shit', and the bubble came up with my text sh**, not a black bubble, so obviously it was not censored.

the.. "Erhem" moderator nagged me for using vulgar word. I told him I was asking all the previous stuff and they didn't replied, so I tried out the word sh**..... I explained I was trying out.

He gave me a warning and report.
    That's -_- omg, out of place!

He's italian, so I'm guessing he wasn't understanding one word I was telling him in English, but to report me!!!!!!

So where are the official in-game rules?
    Especially words to avoid (i mean come on...the sh** word!!)

Thanks,

Language

It should be common sense what is acceptable language in game. As there is also of children playing this game anything you write in chat is visible to all those within the area. Instead of trying it out in chat, try private messaging a moderator if you see one to ask or even a reasonably high level player as Im sure they wouldnt mind helping you out. And you must remember moderators are usually very busy so of you send them a message it may take awhile until they are able to reply

That's also what I think, it's common sense what can be said or not.
    But for a moderator to take one word out of context and give a warning,.... it's a lack of common sense as well, over-zealousness. There's a huge lack of moderator-education here!

The admins should keep their moderator in check, and make sure they understand what is taking words out of context and to not abuse their control ability in general.

For instance, I saw a mod giving a warning to someone who said "I need to catch a stupid carp"..... Really? come-on.

If someone asks me what's my name, and I answer in chat: Sarah Cummin

And a mod warns me for talking vulgar (cummin), it's taking a word out of context.

There is education that comes with naming people moderators. <----- That's my point.

Administrator & FISHAO lover Salty's Avatar
    Hi!

I agree with you both about common sense being crucial. Moderators process together a really huge amount of reports, and at the same time they try to respond to players in chat and PM, so it’s really busy work. So naturally sometimes it can happen that something might be misinterpreted, or perhaps someone might get warned/banned for something that might be to trivial to warrant a warning/ban.

Nobody is perfect, and being a moderator doesn’t provide a person with super hero powers (unfortunately) . We (mods) can all make mistakes, I’ve done some “funny” ones myself…But we (mods) also keep in contact with each other constantly to advice each other and to improve. I myself make sure to advice/help any moderator if needed so we can constantly learn and improve. I guess this all comes back to common sense again, to learn from mistakes =)

But rest assured, I do take the quality of our moderators seriously.

Awesome!
    I'm glad to hear this Salty Very.

Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Hi!

I agree with you both about common sense being crucial. Moderators process together a really huge amount of reports, and at the same time they try to respond to players in chat and PM, so it’s really busy work. So naturally sometimes it can happen that something might be misinterpreted, or perhaps someone might get warned/banned for something that might be to trivial to warrant a warning/ban.

Nobody is perfect, and being a moderator doesn’t provide a person with super hero powers (unfortunately) . We (mods) can all make mistakes, I’ve done some “funny” ones myself…But we (mods) also keep in contact with each other constantly to advice each other and to improve. I myself make sure to advice/help any moderator if needed so we can constantly learn and improve. I guess this all comes back to common sense again, to learn from mistakes =)

But rest assured, I do take the quality of our moderators seriously.
    Howdy Herb!

How about if a mod had wrongfully fully banned somebody due to his negligence? It always happens to some moderators in game. And then here they are, coming to reply us that WE ARE ALL HUMANS.

In my opinion, if it is the negligence of the moderator, the former should file a case to the latter and ask for damages and compensation (you should join tournaments on the days you were wrongfully banned).

Mods cannot use the "I AM JUST A HUMAN" catchphrase because you are all mature enough to know what is right from wrong.
    With a nice and clean game, justice shall be served.

Administrator & FISHAO lover Salty's Avatar
    Well KuyaMarvs, if a moderator keeps making frequent mistakes and always blames it on his or her humanity or something like that, please let me know. Because that would not be very good.

I agree.
    Thanks