Question about catching a fish

Hello
    I need help catching roosterfish. I keep on trying fish bait but i never seem to catch it. its for a daily quest. can i catch it with a simple rod? or is it too large for that? Line level 5. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Svorg View Post
    Hello
    I need help catching roosterfish. I keep on trying fish bait but i never seem to catch it. its for a daily quest. can i catch it with a simple rod? or is it too large for that? Line level 5. Thank you
    Hey guys I was finally able to catch it! although am saving FC i had to buy mealworms since fish wasn't working. its good that i finished this daily because i got 50 mealworms and worms as a reward!

Hi good to hear you already caught it and for your future DQs I would like to suggest you that It is one of the hardest DQ we ever get I skipped it once and the second time I had difficulty on doing it too Use bait fish or insects Better use fish and fish on Pier With a good rod big or quality with line 5 are not enough for it Catching it is very hard so to not waste much resources you can always use Big rods
    Regards,

giant05

Quote Originally Posted by giant05 View Post
    Hi good to hear you already caught it and for your future DQs I would like to suggest you that It is one of the hardest DQ we ever get I skipped it once and the second time I had difficulty on doing it too Use bait fish or insects Better use fish and fish on Pier With a good rod big or quality with line 5 are not enough for it Catching it is very hard so to not waste much resources you can always use Big rods
    The bait that seemed to work is insects better than fish for me. in terms of line and rod i think it depends the size of Roosterfish you come across as it can get pretty big(147cm) thankfully mine was small 64cm so i caught it with bamboo. the reward was worth it, ive a lot of shells to spare