Caves: Palm Island, Fossil Cave, Pirate Cave

I have looked all over forum and cannot find the information I am looking for regarding these caves.

Ben says to open the cave on palm island you need to be a breedmaster (breed at least 50 fish in your backyard). So I have the 50 bred fish now. But Ben also says to enter the cave on Palm Island you need to unlock the Fossil Cave first.

What and where is the fossil cave?

Also I thought the cave on Palm Island was called the Pirate Cave.

(I have other questions about areas I have not yet accessed but I will wait to see what kind of answers are coming for my question to see if my other questions are related.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by casey21 View Post
    I have looked all over forum and cannot find the information I am looking for regarding these caves.

Ben says to open the cave on palm island you need to be a breedmaster (breed at least 50 fish in your backyard). So I have the 50 bred fish now. But Ben also says to enter the cave on Palm Island you need to unlock the Fossil Cave first.

What and where is the fossil cave?

Also I thought the cave on Palm Island was called the Pirate Cave.

(I have other questions about areas I have not yet accessed but I will wait to see what kind of answers are coming for my question to see if my other questions are related.

Thank you
    You must first terminate lost1

Hi casey,

As you noticed, Ben gives us a lot of clues to know how to access the pirate cave. I will quote his three clues and I will help you to understand them.

I've heard you need to be a real breed master in order to open the cave on Palm Island! Some people say you need to breed at least 50 fish to access it!
    • First thing it's simple, you must breed at least 50 fish in your backyard.

In order to enter the cave on Palm Island, you need to unlock the fossil cave first!
    • Second thing, to unlock the fossil cave in the tree at Marshville you need to complete the collection of Lost Valley 1 (LVL 125 minimum required) by following the following steps :

1. Talk with Steve at Marshville and take the package.
      2. Talk with Mave at Seagull Harbor and give him the package.
      3. Return to talk to Steve at Marshville.
      4. Catch a 4-star fish (no matter the fish)
      5. Now you can go to Lost Valley by through the wall at Aquayama.
      6. Complete the collection of Lost Valley 1 (9 fish to catch). For the info about these fish check the Wiki : http://fishaowiki.com/fishdex/area-fish/
      7. Take the key at Marshville to open the door of the Fossil Cave.

Maybe I´m wrong, but one of the things to do to unlock the pirate cave on Palm Island, is catching some fish in a specific order on Palm Island. Maybe on some different places?
    • Last thing you have to catch 4 fish in a specific order and in specific places (watch the video to understand) and the door of the Pirate Cave will open!

Do not hesitate if you have other questions!

Ok .. I just bred my 50th fish in my backyard (finally).

I have entered Lost Valley 1 and I still need 3 or 4 fish to have caught them all.

So from what I understand, when I catch them all I can then go to Marshville and pick up that gold key that is out of reach And the tree in Marshville is where the Fossil Cave is.

This is good explanation and makes it understandable.

So once I unlock the Fossil Cave, then I must catch 4 fish in a specific order to get access to the Pirate Cave on Palm Island. This is making more sense to me. Let me mull this over to see if I have any more questions. And thank you for detailed instructions.

It's exactly that!

You're welcome and come back if you have any other questions or if you need help with something!
    Last edited by Elltharis; 31-03-2018 at 00:27.